We all need to be trained and learn what to do. When it comes to specific tasks, it may take longer to do them than others. For those looking to become an electrician you want to avoid some specific tasks before you are trained and have the tools. Here are a few tasks electrical contractors in Midland, TX should avoid if they are not properly trained.
These tasks can prove to be very dangerous for the untrained.
1. Do not perform work inside a pump room without turning off power. This is a pretty important rule if you want to avoid electrocution or injuries. The switch will most likely have a sign telling electricians that this breaker should not be operated. You do not want to chance this and getting hurt or worse.
2. Do not work in panels that have no circuit breakers. This happens with older homes and they will need to be updated with a modern panel board so the electricians can install breakers where needed. These panels are pretty dangerous, as they have no protection from high voltage. This is not the time where you want to teach yourself how to wire without being trained first.
3. Do not alter or bypass circuits without turning off power. You should never do this while there is a chance of an electric shock at all times, doing so could prove fatal and be a costly mistake by the untrained.
4. Do not work with aluminum wiring or fittings without turning off power. This is a very dangerous practice, as it can lead to electrocution and severe injury.
5. Do not work on GFCI outlets without cutting off power. This is a very important step, as these outlets have been known to shock people and cause severe injury or even death. They should be treated like any other outlet you come across on your job sites.